Child Custody & Support Matter Lawyer -- Chesterton, IN.

Serving Portage, Valparaiso, Michigan City, La Porte & Lake, Porter & La Porte Counties

The issue of child custody issues is perhaps one of the most emotional pieces of divorce. The most precious people in your life are at the center of the issue. You want to do everything you can to protect them. The actions of the other parent can ignite a lightning rod of emotions in you. This is one of the reasons the issue of child custody can quickly turn into one of the most contentious areas of your divorce.

This is one of the most emotionally trying times you will experience and that is why choosing the right attorney can be key to determining custody and parenting time. If you are facing a paternity, family law, modification, relocation or any other child custody matter, do not hesitate to retain the assistance of Laura J. Wyatt, P.C.

When you choose to work with me, I will take the time to get to know you and your case, and develop a personalized strategy that can help you work toward the most favorable outcome.

A Skilled Attorney For Your Child Support Matter

When negotiating the terms of financial support for your children, trust a family attorney who has the experience to succeed and the compassion to walk with you through the process with care. Laura J. Wyatt, P.C. is committed to providing consistently excellent, individualized service.

You can expect one-on-one attention to your case. Don’t get lost in a large firm. Instead, come to me, where you will be a priority and your success is the goal.

Child support payments are determined using a variety of factors, including:

  • Income and tax status of each parent
  • Parental rights and custody arrangements
  • Child care and health care expenses
  • Special needs of the children
  • Post-secondary education and repudiation

Visitation or Parenting Time

The state of Indiana has adopted the Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines with the Juvenile and Family Courts. Parents are allowed to request additional parenting time from the Court and are also encouraged to enter into their own Agreement.

A grandparent may petition the Court for visitation rights when the child’s parent is deceased, the marriage of the child’s parents has been dissolved, and in paternity actions when the Court finds that visitation rights are in the best interests of the child.

As your lawyer, I can help you negotiate the complexities of financial responsibility during your divorce, working to make sure that your children are financially secure. During a divorce, it often feels as though the children fall through the cracks in the system and are trapped in legal issues and debates over custody and support arrangements.

Contact Us